In the end of the 19th century, after Tallinn – St. Petersbourg trainline was opened (1870), Aegviidu became a popular destination among vacationers from Tallinn. Later it also became hiking and ski center. Wooden railway station building and water tower are now privately owned and closed to the public visitors. But as the buildings have retained their original shape the owner is looking new ways to open them to locals and tourists. Accommodation was proposed as a local nature and recreation tourism is lacking places to stay for the night.
Project team: Helen Teetamm, Inna Fleišer, Tõnu Kalpus